- Attend The Marriage Course yourselves. Go to find a course to find your nearest course. If there isn’t one near you, we recommend you do the course in a home with two or three other couples using the DVDs.
- Purchase the necessary resources, see full list of what is available under resources on this web site, from your local Christian bookshop or directly from our online store at Koorong (our distributors).
- Find a counsellor in your area to whom you can refer couples if they need additional help. Details are available on this website under ‘Counselling’.
- Set a date and advertise your course - don't forget that Civil Celebrants have to recommend
pre-marriage education to all that they marry
- Make sure you have the support of your church leaders and congregation. Build a team of volunteers to help you. If the course is large you may need people to help with setting up, cooking, serving and clearing.
- Find a suitable venue. This may be a home if your course is small, or you may need a larger venue - perhaps a church, a community hall, a hotel, a café after hours - anywhere that you can serve a meal and create a great atmosphere.
- Decide on what to charge your guests based on the cost of the food, manuals and venue.
- Register your course online under register your course. This will allow us to put you in touch with couples looking for a course in your area.
- Contact your local Marriage Advisers. These are couples with experience of running the course who help other leaders with advice and support. Their details are listed on this website under ‘Marriage Advisers’.