Ingredients for 1 wk
2hrs best quality marriage time you can get
3 HEAPED cups forgiveness
1 generous dollop passion –more or less as desired
a scoop of good listening skills
3-4 tablesp creativity
- Place the marriage time in a quiet, secluded spot where it is not likely to be disturbed, sprinkle with a little creativity and leave for 2 hrs.
- Place listening skills in large bowl and set down where it will be available for you to help yourself to a teaspoonful whenever necessary.
- Add to this 1 cup of forgiveness – for yourself.
- Place handkerchief over the bowl to be used in time of conflict for ease of communication.
- Hold it tight during these times but be prepared to hand it over graciously – NEVER grab at handkerchief!
- Be prepared to toss some of the remaining 2 cups of forgiveness into the bowl whenever the handkerchief is used. (Forgiveness can be added at any stage to add sweetness to the marriage).
- Place passion in a separate heat-resistant bowl, sprinkle with creativity (this needs to be thought about well in advance to allow anticipation to bubble). You’ll know the time is right when bubbles appear and temperature begins to rise.
- Finally, place all these ingredients into a baking tray, combine by stirring gently, and bake in a warm oven of prayer.
- Keep marriage cookies in a jar and sample often – best served warm - (zap them in a prayer-wave oven for a few minutes prior to eating)